Become a Sports Leader!
Students at Thrybergh Primary have the opportunity to apply to become a Sports Leader; it is a role which brings great responsibility and enjoyment. It is a role which students are able to become role models within the school as well as developing their basic coaching skills in a range of sports.
Our Sports Leaders ensure that playground games and activities are set up every morning break time and that all children are playing co-operatively. They lead games and look after the outdoor equipment. The children play an invaluable role in encouraging others to try new games and sports and to feel that they belong in our school family.
Sports Leaders develop essential skills for life such as:
- Communication skills
- Valuable team working skills
- Ability to lead others
- Greater understanding of responsibility
- Innovative and creativity skills
- Respect for others
Sports Leaders will always demonstrate the Thrybergh Way:
- Always learning
- Working hard
- Saying please and thank you
- Being prepared to make mistakes
- Being respectful
- Listening to others
- Taking risks
- Believing in ourselves
- We dream big
- We are proud of our talents and achievements
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We never give up
Children who participate in the games benefit from improvements in:
- Emotional wellbeing
- Confidence and self esteem
- Social skills, e.g. turn-taking, supporting others, encouragement
You will spot our Sports Leaders wearing their green hoodies with great pride.