At Thrybergh Primary School we believe that our children should be able to wear uniform that is affordable. Whilst branded items are available, these are not compulsory and parents/carers are free to purchase uniform from any suitable retailer.
We have a school uniform which all children should wear. It consists of:
It consists of:
- Plain royal blue sweatshirt (school logo is optional)
- Plain white shirts/polo shirts
- Plain black or grey trousers/skirt (no leggings), or plain black or grey pinafore dress
- Plain black or grey tailored shorts, or blue and white checked dress in the summer months
- Flat plain black shoes or trainers with black laces / velcro
We ask that all clothing is clearly marked with the child’s name, as a safeguard against problems arising from children having similar clothing.
For reasons of basic health and hygiene it is important that all children have a change of clothes and footwear for PE and games.
This should be:
- A plain white t-shirt (round neck)
- Plain black PE shorts
- A plain black or navy tracksuit is essential for outdoor games lessons which take place at ALL times during the school year (no leggings)
- Trainers or pumps
- Optional school sport hoody
Valuables and Jewellery
Valuables should not be brought to school. The wearing of jewellery is discouraged in school, especially pierced earrings. Earrings can lead to serious accidents. If they are worn in school they MUST be removed before any PE activities including swimming, or covered with a plaster where it is not possible to remove them.
The wearing of nail varnish is not encouraged.
In order to assist parents and pupils in complying with the school’s uniform policy, we have identified the following recommended suppliers who we feel represent quality and value for money.
Uniform with school logo can be purchased from:
- Jonny D’s in Rotherham Market
Examples of stores which stock appropriate uniform items are:
- Marks & Spencer
If further clarification is required on any point in this policy, then please do not hesitate to contact the School Office.
At a time when a lot of families are tightening their belts, we’re aware that many could benefit from a little extra support when it comes to buying school uniforms and other essentials – such as coats and PE kits – that children need for school. That’s why we’ve created a Trust-wide Uniform Bank of good quality, new and used items – providing a sustainable way to recycle and repurpose school uniforms.
For more information and to request uniform from the Uniform Bank, visit the WPT website: